Start the New Year with WRAPS
Ahhh yes….another amazing year has come and gone. Sometimes I cant even believe all that has happened in twelve months time. What it a dream or am I really sitting here in this place and time? I remember as a little child each week and month seemed like an eternity and each year even more unfathomable. Now as an adult it seems I can hardly take a deep breath and another year has already flown by. For me each New Year is an opportunity to truly reflect and to be honest with the woman I have become. Am I happy? Am I satisfied? What can I change to increase my quality of life? And what can I do to become a better person? These are questions that may or may not have a simple answer. And for now I am just grateful to be here breathing in the cool brisk air and experiencing another beautiful blue bird winter’s day.
Making a wrap with these wrap alternative requires a little ingenuity to make sure everything stays in the right place. Follow the steps below for a wrap that will not fall apart while eating.
- First put down a spread/sauce as as sticking agent.
- Then add your grain/beans/legumes/tofu/etc
- Then top with your favorite veggies.
- Dress with a little sauce or salad dressing if desired.
- Roll up, fold in the edges, and roll again. If you are using nori wraps make sure to wet the remaining edge with a little liquid (sticking agent). This helps keep the roll from unrolling later on.
- Wrap the roll in plastic wrap or store in your lunch food container and store in refrigerator.
How to Make a Collard Wrap: