Rejuvenate Your Lifestyle!
- Helps protect from developing heart disease, by increasing your good HDL cholesterol.
- Helps prevent and manage type 2 diabetes, but reducing blood sugar levels.
- Helps strengthen bones, and reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Relieves stress, anxiety, and depression through the release of endorphins.
- Helps improve sleep.
- Promotes healthy weight.
- Promotes detoxification through sweating.
- Improves lung and muscle fitness.
- Improves overall cognition.
- Buy a pedometer to track your daily steps! It's a great motivator.
- Stand up and walk or stretch every hour at the office.
- When you call family or friends go on a walk instead of sitting at home.
- Listen to music to encourage movement.
- Find a buddy to walk with during your lunch break.
- Split your lunch break in half: move the first half, and eat the second half.
- Consider getting a standing work station.
- Make yourself brain activity sticks to do every 30-60 minutes at work.
- Get off the bus a stop or two early to increase your walk home.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Walk to the park to eat your lunch on a nice sunny day.
- Instead of driving to the grocery store or restaurant, walk/ride your bike/take the bus.
Weekly Recipe Inspiration:
**If you need to make the quinoa add 1 cup quinoa into a medium sauce pan. Add 1 3/4 cup fresh water, and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the water has been absorbed. Fluff and allow to cool.
- 80:20 Rule: Try to follow the REfreshME nutrition guidelines 80% of the time. The other 20% is left for those crazy busy days, celebrations, and just LIFE in general.
- Stay active.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Make sleep a priority.
- Take the time to relax...EVERY DAY!